When I first read the title of this recipe I was a little grossed out. I like cottage cheese, but I don't love it, and trying to imagine a pancake with cottage cheese was hard to do. My whole family really, really loves cottage cheese, which is why I was drawn to this recipe in the first place. I finally tried it, and WOW. These are some amazing little protein-packed pancakes. They remind me of thick crepes, so they go perfectly with fresh berries. There is absolutely no 'cottage cheese' flavor, so no need to be grossed out by the name!This is a recipe I will be making many many times.
Note: I use my cookie scoop to make silver-dollar sized pancakes. I don't recommend trying to make big pancakes, because they are a little tricky to flip. Keep them small and you won't have a problem.
Cottage Cheese Pancakes (weelicious.com)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- butter, oil or oil spray
- 1. Place the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and whisk.
- 2. In a separate bowl whisk the dry ingredients.
- 3. Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir until just combined.
- 4. Heat a large sauté pan or griddle over medium heat, lightly coat with oil or butter and pour about 1 tbsp of the mixture onto the griddle for each pancake.
- 5. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until pancakes are set and golden.
- 6. Serve.
- *To Freeze: Let pancakes come to room temperature, place in a ziploc bag, label and freeze up to 3 months.